Hello and a big ‘Welcome Back’ to all students from all us here at the Professional Skills Curriculum! It was great to speak to so many of you at the Freshers’ Fayre; hopefully you are all settling in well to the new academic year.
Here at the PSC we are working hard in the hope to make this academic year your best one yet when it comes to developing your transferable work skills and increasing your employability. From online workshops to practical skills sessions and lectures focusing on a broad range of skills areas, our flexibility means you can tailor the PSC to your needs and fit our workshops around your own university schedule. On top of the benefit to your professional skills, your achievement of completing the PSC by attending 8 workshops or more will be acknowledged on your degree academic transcript!
Since the beginning in 2012 we have more than tripled the number of students who have completed the PSC, and as we go into our 6th year we have a broader range of events featuring more international guests than ever before – just stay tuned!
Our online workshops, lectures and practical skill sessions focus on the following skills:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commercial awareness
- IT Skills
- Negotiation and Persuasion
- Perseverance and Motivation
- Problem solving
As part of over 80 separate PSC events running this year, we have a number of new workshops, including:
- Voice coaching
- Being persuasive in your first job
- How to say no
- Your digital professional footprint
- … and many more!
Click here to view the full list of what events and workshops we will be running during 2017/18.
Don’t forget to…
- Pick up your PSC passport to get started! You can pick one up at the CAPOD office (Hebdomadar’s Block,
St Salvator’s Quad) or at any of our events.
- Sign up for practical skills sessions on PDMS, the university’s course booking system, as there are limited spaces! (the lectures, on the other hand, are usually hosted in large enough venues to accommodate all attendees without booking).
- Join more than 1350 people being updated via Facebook by liking our Facebook page!
- Download our handy app here!
- Look out for us at Careers Fayres throughout the year, where you can have the opportunity to chat to us and we will explain more about what the PSC aims to achieve.